Please read these Terms, Conditions of Use, and Posting Guidelines before using AWN Forum.
Last updated: 2022-07-02
- No spam / advertising / self-promote in the forums: These forums define spam as unsolicited advertisements for goods, services, and/or other websites or posts with little or completely unrelated content. Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product or try to self-promote your website, business, forums, etc. Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users. DO NOT ASK for email addresses or phone numbers. Your account will be banned permanently, and your posts will be deleted.
- Do not post copyright-infringing material: Providing or asking for information on how to obtain copyrighted materials illegally is forbidden.
- Do not post ‘offensive’ posts, links, or images: Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense while posting.
- Do not cross-post questions: Please refrain from posting the same question in several forums. There usually is one forum that is most suitable to post your question.
- Do not PM users asking for help: Do not send private messages to any users asking for help. If you need assistance, make a new thread in the appropriate forum then the whole community can help and benefit.
- Remain respectful of other members at all times: All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective. However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums; you are expected to obey this rule.
General Posting Guidelines
- Please first use the Search area: There is a good chance that unless you have some odd or unique problem that has been addressed on our forum before, please use the forum’s search feature first to see if there are already some good threads on the subject. It’s easy to search –click the ‘Search’ button at the top right of the page.
- Be Descriptive and Don’t use ‘fatuous’ topic names: Please post a descriptive topic name! Give a summary of your post on the subject. (Don’t use attention-getting subjects, they don’t get attention and only annoy people). Be patient and help people out by posting good descriptions of what you need help with.
- General Forum Questions
Am I allowed more than one account?
No, there is no reason why you should have more than one account on the AWN forum. If you are banned from the forum, please do not create a new account. If you continue creating new accounts after being banned, your IP address will be blocked from the forums.
What happens if I break a rule?
If you break a rule, you will either be warned or banned. A ban on your user account may either be temporary or permanent. The administrators and moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move, or close any thread or post as necessary, without prior warning.
What happens if I see a thread/post which has broken a rule?
Please report the thread/post to the admin. The admin can be contacted at email@example.com
All moderator applicants must be a member for at least 90 days (3 months) and have at least 25 posts. You must be active in the individual forums you wish to moderate and regularly create and respond to threads in those forums.
You must also maintain a working knowledge of the subject matter.
Please be aware that applying to be a moderator does not guarantee acceptance and that moderators will only be appointed when needed.
Current moderators and administrators will review applications and decide if the applicant fits the desired post. Administrators have the final say, and we reserve to right to refuse applicants with or without cause.
To apply to be a Moderator, you must be:
- a regular forum user,have been at the forum for over three months,
- have a positive presence on AWN Forums
- be proactive,
- knowledgeable in the Forums they would like to moderate,
- polite and helpful towards other members and give advice whenever needed and whenever possible,
- visit the forum daily, and actively participate in discussions as often as possible, ideally once a day, setting a good example to the other members,
- take an active part in discussions between Moderators relating to the running of the forum,
- help to keep unsuitable content out of the forums as much as possible.
To apply for the Moderator role, please send your CV with a brief cover letter explaining why you wish to become an AWN Forum moderator to the Managing Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org